Jaybee’s Pumpkin Spice Stuffing
By Jeffrey Burns of Moorestown, N.J.
• Onions (chopped fine)
• Celery (chopped fine)
• Sweet peppers (chopped fine)
• Apples (chopped)
• Ground beef
• Ground turkey
• Sage seasoning
• Salt & Pepper
• Olive oil
• Chicken broth (2 quarts)
• 5 muffins (pumpkin/raisin spice)
• 2 bags of stuffing bread crumbs
*In a large skillet*
• Add a liberal amount of olive oil (coat bottom of pan)
• Add 1 cup of chopped onions, celery, peppers on medium heat
• Add salt and pepper
• Add 1 lb of beef and turkey seasoned with sage. Cook until meat is browned. In a separate pan(drain excess fat)
• Add 3 chopped apples (mix well) cook until ingredients are caramelized and tender.
• Add 2 large pumpkin spice raisin muffins (crumbled) into mixture. (Mix well)
• Add 2 bags of stuffing mix (bread crumbs) to mixture. (stir well)
• Add chicken broth. (Use enough to turn mixture into smooth but thick consistency.)
• Continue mixing at medium low heat until all of mixture has been moistened.
• Liberally spread softened butter over large Pyrex baking dish. (With glass top)
• Spoon mixture into Pyrex dish and smooth out.
• Bake at 350 with top on for 20 minutes. Continue to bake with top off for 20 minutes or until top is browned. Cool for 15 minutes and serve.