Makes 6 to 8 servings
3/4 cup cornflakes
11/2 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 egg, beaten
3 pounds chicken
legs and thighs
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Crush cornflakes to make crumbs in shallow bowl. Add salt and pepper.
2. Beat egg in separate shallow bowl.
3. Line roaster or 9-by-13-inch baking pan with aluminum foil.
4. Dip chicken in egg, then in cornflake mixture. Place in pan lined with aluminum foil.
5. Melt butter and drizzle over chicken.
6. Bake uncovered for 1 to 11/2 hours, or until juice runs clear when chicken is pricked with a fork.