Peanut Butter Pie
Makes 8 servings
For the crust:
½ cup ground golden flaxseeds
¼ teaspoon liquid
stevia or to desired sweetness
¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
¼ cup butter, melted
2 tablespoons canned coconut milk or
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
For the filling:
1 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
10 drops liquid stevia or to desired
1 cup creamy natural peanut butter
2 tablespoons canned coconut milk
Melted chocolate for garnish
1. Grease a 9-inch pie plate and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. To make the crust: In a large bowl, whisk together the almond meal/flour, flaxseeds, stevia, and cocoa. Stir in the butter, milk, and vanilla. Press into the pie plate. Pierce the bottom with a fork. Cover with foil. Bake for 20 minutes, or until firm to the touch.
3. To make the filling: In a large bowl, with an electric mixer on high speed, beat the cream and vanilla until stiff peaks form. Set aside. In a medium bowl, with the same beaters on medium speed, beat the cheese and stevia until well blended. Beat in the peanut butter and coconut milk, to a smooth and creamy consistency. If the mixture is too thick, add more coconut milk, a tablespoon at a time. Fold the whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture until well-blended.
4. Pour into the cooled pie crust. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or until set. Top with melted chocolate, if desired.
- From The Wheat Belly Cookbook by William Davis