Il Pittore Turkey on Focaccia
Makes one sandwich
Red onion tossed in oil and vinegar
1. Cut focaccia in half horizontally.
2. Spread salumi spread on the bottom half of the bread.
3. Layer on leftover turkey.
4. Add slices of avocado, buffalo mozzarella, arugula, and onions.
5. Cover with top half of focaccia. Slice in half and serve.
Note: To make the salumi spread, puree half a pound of spicy salumi or coppa and 1 roasted red pepper together. Once smooth, fold in 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 1 teaspoon mustard, 3 chopped sage leaves (optional).