5 fruity margarita recipes
It’s almost time for margaritas! Cinco de Mayo is just a few days away, but heck… it’s okay to drink margaritas any day of the year, right? I’ve never been much of a fan of the plain old margarita, but stick a fruit-themed margarita in front of me and I’m all over it. Here are 5 FRUITY MARGARITA RECIPES that are perfect for Cinco de Mayo (or any time!)
1. KICKED-UP AVOCADO MARGARITA (by Cookin Canuck): Here’s a completely unique margarita blend of avocado, crushed ice, agave nectar, tequila, triple sec and cilantro.
2. KUMQUAT MARGARITA (by Love & Olive Oil): The kumquat gives this margarita the perfect extra punch of sourness, something you just don’t find in ordinary orange and even lime margaritas.
3. FRESH STRAWBERRY- COCONUT MARGARITA (by How Sweet It Is): This here is a blended strawberry margarita with a big splash of coconut- both inside AND on the rim.
4. WATERMELON- MINT MARGARITA (by RecipeGirl): Find yourself a nice, juicy watermelon (or buy already-cut chunks) and you’ve got yourself a yummy cocktail.
5. FRESH PINEAPPLE MARGARITA (by Gimme Some Oven): The sweet pineapple is perfect combined with a tart lime margarita.
Lori Lange is a former elementary school teacher who founded RecipeGirl.com in 2006. The Recipe Girl Cookbook is in stores now; you can watch a trailer for it here. Her 12-year-old son Brooks has his own food blog at RecipeBoy.com.