The Daily Meal, whose stock in trade is the food list, ranks American colleges by their food.
The University of Pennsylvania, smack in the middle of restaurant-rich University City, was ranked 29th out of the 75 schools rated this year.
The Daily Meal says it began with a list of 2,000 schools, which it narrowed to about 320 schools. The final 75 were chosen because of nutrition and sustainability; accessibility and service; education and events; the surrounding area; and the “X” Factor.
Bowdain in Maine was tops in 2014 and 2013. It was #2 in 2012.
Penn - at #29 in 2014 - was #33 in 2013 and #22 in 2012.
The only other ranked school in the region was Bryn Mawr College, which was #52. (It was #13 in 2002 and #31 in 2013.) Princeton University was #43 and the University of Delaware was #57.
The top 10 this year:
1. Bowdoin College, Brunswick, ME
2. Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD
3. Columbia University, New York, NY
4. Kennesaw State University, Kennesaw, GA
5. Northwestern University, Evanston IL
6. University of Rochester, Rochester, NY
7. New York University, New York, NY
8. Occidental College, Los Angeles, CA
9. Duke University, Durham, NC
10. Boston University, Boston, MA
Full story here.