We’re all familiar with the Hot Toddy. Good Dog (224 S 15th St.) bartender Nemanya Popovich decided to put his own spin on it.
“The hot toddy is usually made with dark teas,” Popovich said. “When you’re a bartender you’re allowed to break the rules.
Popovich substitutes a regular tea bag with a mint chamomile tea. “I thought something a little sweeter might work,” he said.
GOOD DOG ODD HOTTIE
What you’ll need:
St. Germain Elderflower Liqueur
Honey simply syrup
Mint chamomile tea (or other preferred light tea)
1) Combine 1/2 oz. of St. Germain's Elderflower Liqueur with 1/2 oz. of honey simple syrup.
2) Pour St. Germain's Elderflower Liquer, honey simply syrup mixture into glass.
3) Add 1 oz. of Stravinsky vodka.
4) Fill glass with hot water.
5) Add mint chamomile tea bag.
6) Peel lemon, squeeze zest and drop into glass.
Photos by: Hillary Petrozziello / Staff Photographer