Jennifer Segal is the chef and photographer behind Once Upon a Chef, a family-friendly recipe blog featuring tested and perfected recipes with step-by-step photos.
From the best blueberry muffins you’ll ever make to Buttermilk Glazed Cinnamon Buns, these sweet breakfast treats are a delicious way to start the day!
1. Best Blueberry Muffins (pictured above) – Bursting with fresh blueberries with a tender, cakey crumb and sparkling sugar crust, these really are the best blueberry muffins. I’ve tried fussier recipes that call for mashing some of the blueberries into the batter or even swirling homemade blueberry jam into the mix, but there’s no need for all that – this simple recipe tops them all.
2. Chewy Chocolate Chip Granola Bars – Granola bars are a staple in my pantry, but between my husband, my kids, and my kids’ hungry friends, I can’t seem to keep enough of them in the house. After many trials, I finally cracked the code and came up with a homemade version that puts all those store-bought bars to shame. What’s more, they’re no-bake and take only ten minutes to make.
3. Chai Spiced Banana Bread – Chai is the actual word for tea in many countries but when we say chai in the States, we’re usually referring to Masala chai, which is a smooth and calming beverage made of black tea, milk and fragrant Indian spices. Its flavor goes beautifully with banana bread, so I’ve taken one of my favorite banana bread recipes and subtly infused it with warm chai spices like cardamom, cinnamon, ginger and allspice.
4. Quick Cinnamon Buns with Buttermilk Glaze — These are the perfect cinnamon buns: light and tender on the inside, golden and caramelized on the outside and, best of all, quick and easy to make.
5. Doughnut Muffins – Sweet, cake-like and scented with cinnamon and nutmeg, these muffins taste remarkably like doughnuts. Kids love them because they’re deliciously plain, and adults love them because they’re just plain delicious. Unlike doughnuts, they’re baked not deep-fried. And, if you need one more reason to try them, they’re easy to make with ingredients you probably have on hand.
View the original at Parade or follow us on Twitter, Facebook or Google+