Who doesn’t love tacos? Wait, don’t tell me. I don’t want to know. I’m not sure I could be friends with a taco-hater.
Everyone I know loves them (or they’re too scared to tell me otherwise); one friend even has “Taco Tuesday” nights at her house and they have a different kind of taco each of the 52 weeks of the year! I could eat tacos nearly that frequently and this time of year, my thoughts turn to grilling tacos.
Here is a list of the best grilled (and a cheater grilling recipe or two) tacos the internet has to offer. Simply click on the recipe title to go directly to the recipe.
1. Grilled Steak Tacos with Cilantro Chimichurri Sauce (from Feasting At Home) Chimichurri is practically the national dish of Argentina and is found on or around steaks all over the country. Traditionally made with parsley, this version uses cilantro to create some Mexican-Argentinian fusion that is hard to resist.
2. Grilled Fish Tacos with Chile-Lime Slaw (from Very Culinary) Slaw is a picnic must-have and this recipe uses it to top barramundi fish fillets turning it into a picture-perfect addition to your table.
3. Grilled Pork and Peppers Tacos (from Coconut & Lime) marinates the meat with cubanelle peppers, onions, lime juice, and ton of spices then tosses it in a grill wok so no tiny morsel gets sacrificed to flames below.
4. Shrimp Tacos with Grilled Corn, Grapes and Creamy Ranchero Sauce (from A Spicy Perspective) caught my eye because she uses grilled corn and grapes (!) as an unusual topping for these saucy tacos.
5. Grilled Pork Tacos with Pineapple Salsa (from Foxes Love Lemons) feature a dried pineapple-based salsa and lean pork for a fresh take on al pastor-style tacos.
6. Grilled Sweet Potato Tacos with Lime Crema (from A House in the Hills) is not only beautiful to look at but vegan! That crema? It is made out of almond milk and raw cashews. She even includes a recipe for tortillas. (Note: this recipe is made on a stovetop grill pan, but I bet it could be made outdoors using a grill skillet or rack.)
7. Grilled Shrimp Tacos with Spicy Mango Slaw (from Unspophiticook) turns juicy mangos into the perfect “slaw” topping for grilled shrimp.
8. Citrus Chicken Tacos (from Real Housewives of Northern Virginia) is a tiny bit of a cheater recipe: it isn’t quite grill season there yet, so they broiled them to get that grilled crust and flavor. I love that they use thrifty chicken legs in a new-to-me way, and if it’s sunnier where you live, you can just throw these legs on the grill!
9. Grilled Avocado Tacos (from Oh Sweet Basil) Grilled what? Avocado? Sounds just wacky enough to be good.
10. Grilled Salmon Soft Tacos (from Country Cleaver) are a hearty healthy, omega-3 way to taco. The shredded cabbage on top even adds extra fiber and few calories!