12 Christmas Cookie Recipes
It’s Christmastime, and you know what that means! Cookies, cookies, cookies! You have teacher gifts to give, cookie swaps to attend, and potlucks that need something to sweeten them up. Here are 12 Christmas cookie recipes to see you through this busy season of baking and merry making. Bake up your favorite recipe, wrap it up in a pretty box, and send it off to one lucky cookie recipient. As you’re rushing back and forth to all your winter activities, take some time out to savor something sweet and delicious. What is your favorite Christmas cookie to bake?!
1. Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Sea Salt Cookies. Last year, I wrapped these up in cute little boxes, and attached the recipe card for all my kids’ teachers. They made the cutest edible gifts!
2. Hazelnut Shortbread Cookies. This cookie takes on the classic shortbread with hazelnut, a wonderful flavor of the season, to create something sweet, buttery, and oh so good.
3. Clementine Orange Snickerdoodles. Clementine zest and juice add a little something special to the all-time favorite snickerdoodle.
4. Gluten Free Chocolate Oatmeal Shortbread Cookies. Your holiday baking wouldn’t be complete without something for everyone. Gluten-free cookies fit the bill and will help fill out your holiday table perfectly.
5. Fudge Filled Toffee Pecan Sandies. Who could resist these little pockets of sweetness? Especially when you see them served up in holiday-themed boxes and plates.
6. Salted Brown Butter Cookies. I can only imagine how quickly you’ll become addicted to these sweet morsels of goodness, buttery with a beautiful crumb.
7. Chocolate Mint Cookies. Chocolate plus mint. Need I say more? Okay, I will. They’re chewy little bites of goodness that will have everyone begging for more.
8. Chocolate Orange Snaps. These cookies are insanely delicious—I actually have to hide them from my husband or he’ll eat them all. And the dough is really durable so you can keep rolling it out over and over again to make more cookies without worrying about it getting tough.
9. Fig, Oatmeal, Chocolate Cookies. Figs! How do I love thee, let me count the ways… How many cookies does this recipe yield? ;)
10. Chocolate Crinkle Cookies. Chewy Chocolate Crinkle Cookies. Say that 10 times fast. And then forget about it and eat 12 dozen of these cookies. They are just that freaking good.
11. Gluten-Free Russian Tea Cookies. Russian tea cakes, Russian wedding cookies, Mexican wedding cookies, snowballs, whatever your family calls them, they’re sure to be a favorite. Make them gluten-free so everyone can enjoy them!
12. Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Cookies. Is it really possible to have a cookie recipe that doesn’t call for any sugar or butter but still produces cookies just as sweet and delicious as the ones you’re normally used to eating? Well, not only are these treats incredibly easy to make—even for moms that rarely bake—they’re nutritious and tons of fun for kids to get involved in making.