11 warm-and-cozy fall baking recipes
Jennifer Segal is the chef and photographer behind Once Upon a Chef, a family-friendly recipe blog featuring tested and perfected recipes with step-by-step photos.
As the air outside turns brisk, warm up inside by baking some sweet autumn treats!
1. Glazed Oatmeal-Maple Scones with Pecans & Currants (pictured above) – Adapted from Joanne Chang’s wonderful cookbook, Flour: Spectacular Recipes from Boston’s Bakery & Cafe, these addictive breakfast treats are like a cross between scones and oatmeal cookies.
2. Pumpkin Pecan Crunch Muffins – Quite simply, these are the the best pumpkin muffins you’ll ever make.
4. Chai Spiced Banana Bread – If you want to take your basic banana bread up a notch, try this version infused with warm chai spices like cardamom, cinnamon, ginger and allspice.
5. Spiced Pumpkin Cookies – Imbued with warm autumn spices like cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves, these cookies are tender on the interior and slightly crisp on the exterior. Kids love them!
6. Cranberry Nut Bread – Sweet, orange-scented and chock-full of cranberries and walnuts, this bread is as pretty as it is delicious—perfect for the holidays.
7. Apple Pecan Crisp - If you’re looking for the perfect fall dessert, this is it: warm baked apples bubbling away in their own syrupy juices, topped with a crisp oat and pecan streusel.
8. Pecan Shortbread Squares – If you’re a fan of Pecan Pie, you’re going to love these Pecan Squares. A buttery shortbread crust and rich caramel-pecan topping make them truly over-the-top — the perfect hostess gift, treat for your co-workers or potluck dessert this time of year.
9. Apple Spice Muffins – Made partially with whole wheat flour, these muffins have a wonderfully wholesome flavor and texture. They’re also chock-full of apples, scented with warm autumn spices and finished with an irresistible crunchy brown sugar topping.
10. Chocolate Chip Scones – Sweet, tender and buttery with morsels of melted chocolate within, children (and let’s not forget husbands) absolutely love these scones. They’re wonderful served warm out of the oven, especially on a lazy weekend morning when you feel like spoiling everyone.
11. Quick Cinnamon Buns with Buttermilk Glaze – These might be the perfect cinnamon buns: light and tender on the inside, golden and caramelized on the outside and, best of all, quick and easy to make.