7 sweet Halloween treats that are better than candy
Halloween is all about cute and scary costumes, classroom parties, and of course the sweetest treats you can get your hands on! Instead of loading up your kids with too-sugary candy this year, try making some of these sweet treats that are easy to make at home and are sure to satisfy that sweet tooth. They aren’t loaded with all those ingredients you can’t even pronounce on the back of the candy bar label, and they have ingredients that are actually good for you! Have a fun and safe Halloween this year! And tell me, what are you and your kids dressing up as this year?
1. Raw Cookie Dough Bites. I was the child who would eat an entire log of slice-and-bakes before ever getting around to baking them. I thought I could come up with something equally delicious, but much healthier. So if you’re looking for just a bite (or two) of a classic treat this Halloween—or any time of year for that matter—take a few minutes to whip up these heavenly morsels.
2. Ghost Cake Pops. Bakerella sure knows how to celebrate the sweetest of holidays with the sweetest of treats! Make these adorable ghost cake pops in lieu of candy this year!
3. Pumpkin Toast. Here is a Halloween recipe that is healthy enough to be breakfast, and satisfyingly sweet enough to double as dessert! Pumpkin butter is formed into the shape of a pumpkin and topped with itty bitty chocolate morsels to make the cutest jack-o-lantern breakfast ever.
4. Chocolate Pumpkin Mummies. I can’t even handle the cuteness of these chocolate pumpkin mummy cookies by Created by Diane! Get the kids involved and let them pipe on the mummy wraps themselves to make these cookies extra-special with that personal touch.
5. Puff Pastry Pumpkins. My daughter loves whipped cream so much I don’t think she’s ever had anything more satisfying. Or she hadn’t until I mixed in a little pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice! These puff pastry pumpkins are simple to whip up and a definite crowd-pleaser!
6. Chocolate Pumpkin Cupcakes. These cupcakes combine the flavors of the season to create a delicious little gem of a cupcake. Perfect for school Halloween parties or to pass out to the neighborhood kids!
7. Pumpkin Butter S’mores. Pumpkin butter is quite possibly my favorite part of this season, and who doesn’t love a good s’more?! Make these with your kids and serve them up for a special dessert. Or cozy up to the fire together and have fun making these oozy gooey treats together!
For more Halloween inspiration, check out my Pinterest board!