Dinner on Deadline
Garlic-Crusted Shrimp With Cherry Tomatoes
3 to 4 servings
6 cloves garlic
1 cup cherry tomatoes
Handful flat-leaf parsley
1 pound peeled and deveined large raw shrimp
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
1. Mince the garlic. Place half in a medium bowl, along with the panko. Use a fork to blend. Transfer to a dry skillet; toast over medium-low heat until fragrant and golden, shaking the pan to promote even browning. Remove from the heat.
2. Meanwhile, cut each tomato in half, discarding as many seeds as possible. Coarsely chop the parsley. Use paper towels to dry.
3. Combine the butter and oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium heat. Add the remaining garlic and stir to coat; cook for 1 minute, then add the tomatoes, salt, pepper and crushed red pepper flakes, if desired, stirring to coat.
4. Cook for 2 minutes, or until the tomatoes begin to soften, then add the shrimp; cook for about 2 minutes, turn and cook on the second side; they should be opaque and just cooked through. Remove from the heat. Stir in the parsley and half the toasted garlic-panko mixture.
5. Divide among individual plates. Squeeze lemon over each portion. Sprinkle with the remaining panko mixture. Serve.
Per serving (based on 4): 220 calories, 25 g protein, 10 g carbohydrates, 8 g fat, 3 g saturated fat, 180 mg cholesterol, 310 mg sodium, 1 g dietary fiber, 1 g sugar