5 holiday gifts for your best friend
Alexa Curtis is a teenage fashion blogger, aspiring model, and social media manager. Check out her blog, A Life in the Fashion Lane.
The holiday season is all about giving back, which means honoring the people in your life. Parents and adults are the easiest to buy for, since their response is usually “I want nothing and have everything I want” or “give me this and that is all.” Teenagers can be scattered with their gift preferences. But no need to worry: Here are a few options perfect for gifting any young adult girl, boy and everyone in between.
1. Beats by Dr. Dre: Although on the pricier side (they run around $200-$500), these are a coveted item from young adults to older ones. Known for their impeccable sound quality, your music loving friend or family member is bound to think of you every time they put on the headphones to jam to their favorite tunes.
2. A.J. Morgan Cateye Sunglasses: Is your friend an aspiring fashionista with a love for the latest and greatest trends? Well, a pair of stylish cateye glasses is a great option. These are less than $30, and won’t hurt your wallet.
3. Jason’s Natural Cocoa Butter: Winter has our skin dry, tight, and not looking its best. This is why treating your friend to a home spa day will cure all worries! Brownie points for a major bonding day. Jason’s is an all natural and organic brand, so you won’t have to worry about dry skin any longer. Purchase these products at Whole Foods and local organic retailers (many for under $20).
4. Mac & Cheese Cookbook: Not sure what to get that boyfriend or brother? How about a handy macaroni and cheese cookbook? Tell him men should know how to cook! And while you’re cooking together, you’ll have time to look back on memories from previous holiday seasons, all while inhaling the cheesy smell everyone loves! ($16.99)
5. Follow Your Heart sweater: Old Navy is known for the great sales during the holiday season, and this sweater under $20 is another option for your bestie. Who knows, you might even find something for yourself while shopping!
Remember: The holiday season is about enjoying your loved ones (and a few pieces of pie, too), so don’t stress if you can’t buy your loved ones exactly what they want. The thought will always count more than an expensive gift will.