Charlie Sheen was scheduled to chat with Matt Lauer on the "Today" show this morning to tell the world he's HIV-positive.
Sheen reportedly has known for a while, according to People magazine - the National Enquirer reported the news first and claims Sheen has known for four years. In Touch says it's two years.
Hollywood crisis manager Howard Bragman told People that Sheen "is getting treatment, and a lot of people in his life know about it."
"The ['Today'] interview could open up a lot of sympathy for him," Bragman said, "but he has to be concerned about a fear of litigation from former sexual partners. You don't take that lightly.
"I feel very sorry for his pain," Bragman added. "And I hope it's used as a teachable moment for the world. This is a disease that can affect anyone."
Sympathy for him? Sorry for his pain?
Tattle doesn't want to see anyone sick, but lengthy sex-and-drug binges do have consequences.
Unless you're Keith Richards.
Feel sorry for the babies who get HIV-from drug-addicted mothers, for gay men who were infected before anyone knew what HIV was, for people who got tainted blood transfusions or had sex with partners who knew they were infected but lied about it.
Sheen lived the life of a libertine, endlessly high and having what seemed like continuous sex with a parade of actresses, prostitutes, porn stars, etc.
The surprising news isn't that he has HIV, but that he's still alive at all.
* Us Weekly reported that Sheen's ex-wife Denise Richards and their two children are not infected and that Richards has known for years about Sheen's HIV status.
* Sheen ex Brooke Mueller has not commented on Charlie or her own health, but Radaronline.com said she also knew, according to a text message she wrote to Sheen's former assistant (now deceased), about her "drug-induced psychotic break" after hearing the HIV news.
* Former Sheen "goddess," ex-porn star Bree Olson, preemptively tweeted that she is not HIV-positive and gets tested every year. Radaronline.com reported that Olson (a/k/a Rachel Oberlin) tweeted yesterday that she was getting tested again and awaiting the news.
* Radaronline.com also reported that Sheen has been secretly battling multiple lawsuits related to his disease.
One alleged Sheen partner has already reportedly retained Gloria Allred to represent her in civil action against Sheen. Others are already allegedly being paid off.
"There are tons of girls that get a regular check from Charlie," a source told Radar.
* Lastly, for today at least, TMZ.com reported late yesterday that Sheen sources say his blood is HIV-free.
Charlie was taking meds for the HIV and recent blood tests show it to be "undetectable" in his system. So says he.
* Following the terrorist attacks in Paris, CBS changed new episodes of "Supergirl" (dealing with a bombing) and "NCIS: Los Angeles" (the Islamic State's recruitment of women).
TNT didn't air an episode of "Legends" last night because it depicted a terrorist shooting into a crowd in Paris.
* Drew University, in New Jersey, has rescinded an honorary degree given to Bill Cosby.
The university said in a statement yesterday that its board rescinded the degree because of Cosby's admissions in sworn testimony that he engaged in conduct toward women that violates the school's values and standards.
So what happens when a school rescinds your degree? Do they come to your house and take it off the wall?
- Daily News wire services
contributed to this report.
On Twitter: @DNTattle