BEING A BOY TOY doesn't seem like such a bad gig.
Casper Smart celebrated his 25th birthday at the end of last week, People reports, and not only did he get to celebrate it in the bed of his 42-year-old girlfriend, Jennifer Lopez, he got the cool birthday present every boy wants.
Casper had his eye on a white pickup, and Jennifer bought it for him as a surprise.
E! Online reported Jennifer rented a room at West Hollywood's Cecconi Italian restaurant for Casper's birthday bash. Jennifer's manager, Benny Medina, Reggie Bush and Randy Jackson were among the guests.
Hudson to attend trial
The trial of William Balfour, the man accused of murdering Jennifer Hudson's mother, brother and 7-year-old nephew, will begin today in Chicago, with Judge Charles Burns questioning would-be jurors, trying to weed out anyone who could be swayed by Jennifer's celebrity status.
Jennifer, who will be on "American Idol" on Thursday, is expected to be at the trial every day once testimony begins, court officials say, and she's on the 300-name list of witnesses who could testify.
* NBC News has fired a producer for editing a recording of George Zimmerman's call to police the night he shot Trayvon Martin.
In the edited version of the call, Zimmerman said of Martin, "He looks black."
In the actual call, Zimmerman was responding to the 9-1-1 dispatcher's question as to whether Martin was "black, white or Hispanic."
Why Zimmerman thought Martin looked "up to no good," remains unexplained.
* Heidi Klum moved to formally end her marriage Friday from Seal a little over two months after they separated.
The reason, of course, was irreconcilable differences.
As for how they're going to split up their assets, the couple entered into a financial agreement after they were married.
* In other divorce news, TMZ.com reports that former "American Idol" champ Ruben Studdard's split from Surata Zuri McCants was finalized a few months back.
Their pre-nup was so tight, all she got was her wedding dress, photo albums, a 2006 BMW, a $10,000 property settlement and a few grand for her attorneys.
Ruben will not have to pay any alimony.
Tattle knows a few folks who'd like to meet his lawyers.
* Bristol Palin's lawyer has told TMZ.com that Levi Johnston is a deadbeat dad who owes more than $38,000 in child support.
Is this a surprise? Levi is merely a serial impregnator. And Bristol has way more money than he has.
* First the Muscular Dystrophy Association Telethon dumps Jerry Lewis; now it's dumping, Lewis's hometown, Las Vegas.
This coming Labor Day it will move back to Los Angeles.
Why Jerry, 86, got so heavily involved in MDA has long been shrouded in mystery. The new mystery is what happened between him and MDA to end their successful partnership (more than $1.5 billion raised) on such bad terms.
* Queen Elizabeth II has appointed Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, to the highest female rank in the Royal Victorian Order, Buckingham Palace said Monday.
The announcement that Camilla has been made a Dame Grand Cross comes on the day of her seventh wedding anniversary with Prince Charles.
She would have rather gotten a truck.
Awards under the Royal Victorian Order, which was founded in 1896 by Queen Victoria, are given by the queen to people who have served her or the monarchy in a personal way.
Isn't living off the taxpayers' dime reward enough?
- Daily News wire services
contributed to this report.