Polenta With Champagne and Preserves
Makes 4 servings
1 box of polenta (or 1 cup yellow cornmeal)
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 bottle good-quality
2 tablespoons sugar
1/4 tablespoon lemon zest
1/2 tablespoon butter, melted
3-4 teaspoons raspberry
preserves, room temperature
1. Follow the instructions on the polenta package, or gradually add 1 cup yellow cornmeal to the saucepan with 4 cups boiling water. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring constantly until thick and creamy, about 15 minutes, adding more water if a thinner blend is desired. Remove from heat and add salt and pepper to taste.
2. Pour the champagne into a small saucepan. Add sugar slowly, one spoon at a time. Bring to a boil.
3. Continue boiling on medium-high until the liquid is reduced by almost one-half, about 12 minutes.
4. Remove from heat. Whisk in the butter and lemon zest.
5. Divide the polenta into four servings, put a dollop of the raspberry preserves in the center of each, and drizzle with champagne reduction.