Saturday, September 20, 2014
Inquirer Daily News

Craig LaBan

Email claban@phillynews.com   Follow on Twitter

I joined the Inquirer as its restaurant critic in 1998, after a stint covering the food beat for the Times-Picayune in New Orleans. Having eaten about 500 restaurant meals a year here ever since, I never cease to be amazed by the diversity and sophistication of Philadelphia's kitchens. To travel from its many authentic ethnic neighborhoods to the gastronomic temples of Walnut Street to its beery gastropubs, cozy BYOBs and multitude of greasy-but-great steak joints, is to know this town delivers satisfaction at every level of the food chain. Including online dish.

Live chat: Join Craig at 2 p.m. on Tuesdays in the chatroom.

Book: The Philadelphia Inquirer Restaurant Guide is available through our online store.

4 Bells: According to Craig, the best restaurants in the Philadelphia area.

 
07/16/2014
A 'sushi' burrito game-changer Only 15 percent of Americans enjoy eating sushi, according to research by the owners of Genji, the Philly-born sushi chain with stands now in 190 Whole Foods markets. They hope to capture the remaining 85 percent with Hai St
 
CoZara puts sushi aside and turns up the heat
 
Spicy stir-fry bowl at Sakura Mandarin
 
LaBan chat: Vedge's maestro on the vegetarian dining scene
07/10/2014
The Japanese love vending machines - even for sake, which is dispensed in tall glass cups that are ready to drink. For those accustomed to sake served reverently in ceramic carafes or expensive larger bottles, the many fine examples of these 200-millilite
MORE STORIES


Pages: 1  |  2  |  3  |  4  |  5  |  6  |  7  |  8  |  9  |  10  | 

Total pages: 29 | Jump to: