Frontier Airlines announced Tuesday that it will begin nonstop seasonal flights next spring from Philadelphia to Jacksonville, Fla.; Memphis; Madison, Wis.; and Omaha, Neb.
The Denver-based carrier announced last week a nonstop seasonal flight to Charleston, S.C., from Philadelphia International Airport, starting Feb. 20.
With the new destinations, Frontier will operate to 24 cities from PHL. The service is a mix of seasonal and year-around flights.
Frontier is offering introductory fares as low as $39 one-way on some of the new routes at flyfrontier.com. The fares must be purchased by 11:59 p.m. Sept. 27 for travel through June 13, 2018. Travel is valid Monday through Saturday, with blackout dates May 24-29.
“We are pleased to continue to expand our service from Philadelphia with more affordable flights and access to 24 destinations,” said Josh Flyr, vice president of planning and revenue management. “These new flights further support our mission to deliver ‘low fares done right’ to the Philadelphia metro area, and we look forward to delivering on this commitment to even more Philadelphians.”
Philadelphia airport CEO Chellie Cameron said: “We’re very pleased by Frontier’s focus on Philadelphia and look forward to more service to more cities.” Cameron said the flights will give travelers additional options to Jacksonville and to Memphis. The nonstop service to Omaha and Madison will make travel easier to those Midwestern cities, she said.
- The Jacksonville flight will operate Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday, starting Feb. 14. It will depart PHL at 4:30 a.m., arriving in Jacksonville at 7:05. The return Jacksonville flight will leave at 10 p.m. and arrive in Philadelphia at 12:12 a.m.
- The Madison flight, effective April 8, will operate on Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday, departing PHL at 5:49 p.m., and arriving in Madison at 7:15. The return Madison flight will leave at 1:41 p.m., and arrive at PHL at 4:59.
- The Memphis flight will operate Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday, beginning April 9. The PHL trip will leave at 5:56 p.m., arriving in Memphis at 7:55. The return flight will depart Memphis at 1:34 p.m., arriving in Philadelphia at 5:06.
- The flight to Omaha, starting April 9, will depart PHL at 3:47 p.m. and arrive in Omaha at 6 p.m. on Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday. The return flight will leave Omaha at 11:09 a.m., and arrive in Philadelphia at 2:57 p.m.
- The new Charleston flight will operate on Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday, beginning Feb. 20. It will leave Philadelphia at 5:25 a.m., arriving in Charleston at 7:18. The return flight will depart at 10:20 p.m., and arrive at PHL at 12:10 a.m.
Frontier, which calls itself an “ultra-low-cost carrier,” offers lower base fares but charges extra for a carry-on bag in the overhead bin, advance seat assignments, and even a soft drink. Passengers can pay for packages called “the works” that include a carry-on or checked bag, seat selection, priority boarding, a refundable ticket, and the ability to change a flight without a change fee.
Frontier also flies from Trenton-Mercer Airport in Ewing Township, N.J.