Once again, a trip to the Devon Horse Show and Country Fair might land you in a brand new car as part of this year’s Devon Derby. The grand prize for this year’s contest is a 2018 Buick Encore SUV.
Thanks to a generous donation from Patriot Chevrolet Buick GMC Dealerships, the winner will get to take home a 2-year lease on the 2018 Buick Encore.
“It is our privilege to be the exclusive automotive sponsor of this wonderful event for a great cause. The Patriot team is excited to see you and your families enjoy the horsepower at this year's Devon Horse Show and Country Fair." said Jason Owens, owner of Patriot Dealerships.
A book of six tickets for the Derby costs $10; an individual ticket costs $2. Tickets can be purchased until the end of competition on Saturday night at the Devon Derby booth right next to the Dixon Oval.
In addition to the car, participants have a chance to win a number of other prizes:
- Two pairs of authentic Maui Jim sunglasses, donated by Russell Freiman and Maui Jim
- A golf bag and head covers with the Devon logo, donated by Stitch Golf
- Two Phillies tickets with dinner & parking donated by D’Anjolell Memorial Homes in Broomall and Malvern/Frazer
- A bicycle, donated by Trek Bicycle Ardmore and Trek Bicycle Wayne
- A pair of earrings designed by local jewelry designer Lisi Lerch
The Derby drawing may take place just one day each year, but the planning is a year-round process. Immediately following each year’s show, the chairmen begin working on the following year’s Derby.
“The Devon Derby has always been an important element of our fundraising efforts for Bryn Mawr Hospital,” said Lisa Estabrook, Devon Country Fair Co-Chair. “The combined support of our committee chairmen and volunteers help to raise over $40,000 toward our annual donation to the hospital. Please support their hard work and purchase a book of chances. Who knows? You might be driving a brand new car this year.”