This weekend, Saturday, May 10 and Sunday, May 11 the Great Plaza at Penn’s Landing will transform into the ultimate river-front shopping experience. Over 100 local and national vendors, selected by Philadelphia superstore Art Star Gallery and Boutique will turn their goods onto customers at the 11th Annual Art Star Craft Bazaar from 11 a.m. until 6 p.m. both days.
With a little something for everybody, this year’s vendors include
- Opposite of Far’s handmade children’s masks and tails hail all the way from Indiana and are great for the kids.
- Brace and Bit, of Oaklyn, NJ, whose coffee tables and beer totes should not be missed.
- Seampoets’ tribal designs offer a one-of-a-kind apparel buy. They’re a Philly brand, too.
- Dap Kitsch, based in Brooklyn, NY, offers unique bowties (for adults and kids) and hair bows.
- Recycled Reads takes old and unwanted books and turns them into 3D art. The Pittsburgh-based artist was even featured on Martha Stewart’s blog.
- Abby Reczek, who hails from Virgina, will bring her handmade pottery.
- Hannah’s Ideas in Wood, handcrafted wood accessories—from iPhone stands to combs—from Pennsylvania.
- Snash Jewelry will be down from Brooklyn, NY selling their quirky accessories like lightning bolt earrings and bullet cufflinks.
- Tadpole Creations, of Philadelphia, is great for a last-minute mother’s day gift destination for new moms. They’ll have onsies and hand-crafted plush toys for the little ones.
- Bunny Butt Apothecary carries natural and pleasant smelling soaps, creams, perfumes and other things you put on your body. They come from Santa Barbara, CA.
Live tunes start at 1 p.m. on both days with lots of locals like Liz & the Lost Boys, who play at 1 p.m. on Saturday, Oldermost, who start making sweet sounds at 5 p.m. on Saturday, Kwesi K plays at 2 p.m. on Sunday and Royal Shoals who follow an hour later.