Before we get to this week's numbers, in case you missed it, here's my report from the opening day of U.S. national team training camp. I'll be back in Princeton on Saturday to do a training camp wrap-up; until then, I have to do my real job for a few days.
Also, we've got a brand-new World Cup page for you to check out. Remember that I'm looking for fans in our region of each of the 32 nations in the tournament, and I need your help. So email me if you have information.
Now here goes. By the way, if you want to participate, let me know. It would be great to have more people involved in this.
Chris Seitz: 5.83
- "I thought Seitz improved, but I've never been a hater. He just needs time and a backline that doesn't leave him out to dry." (Ethan Gomberg)
Cristian Arrieta: 4.00
- "Made Brek Shea look like Lionel Messi. Needs to get forward more." (Alex Seldin)
Danny Califf: 4.83
- "Needs to finish one of those chances on set pieces." (Alex Seldin)
Jordan Harvey: 5.50
- "Could get forward a bit more like he did against Toronto, but he makes no mistakes on the ball and rarely is out of position."
Michael Orozco: 4.67
- "I'm beginning to understand why the team is named the Union. No matter how poorly Orozco and Arrieta do their jobs, they apparently can't get fired." (Nathan Marinoff)
The messenger, who asks that you not shoot him, gives that one the Zing of the Week award.
Stefani Miglioranzi: 5.67
- "Continues to make the simple passes that are overlooked during the course of the game." (Jeff Prigge)
Kyle Nakazawa: 5.33
Shea Salinas: 5.60
- "Salinas was a game-changer, and was night-and-day better than his performances against the Red Bulls a few weeks ago. He can be fun to watch when he's played in the right spot." (Nathan Marinoff)
Roger Torres: 5.20
- "I'm worried about this kid. Has great skills but isn't connecting well with others on the team, plus he is clearly now getting 'the treatment' from other teams and doesn't know how to respond." (Alex Seldin"
Sebastien Le Toux: 5.33
- "The effort level of Le Toux and Moreno is ridiculous; Philly fans should be proud. Would love to see a little more decisiveness in the offensive end." (Alex Seldin)
Jack McInerney: 5.20
Alejandro Moreno: 6.17
Danny Mwanga: 6.67
- "So many other players either waste the chance by taking another touch or blasting it into the upper deck. Hope this helps his confidence and gives him a boost forward." (Alex Seldin)