The Center City District gathers 100-plus restaurants twice a year for Center City District Restaurant Week, this year running through Friday and again from Jan. 24 to 29.
Deal includes $35 for a three-course dinner or $20 for a three-course lunch, and are intended to represent a value over the regular price.
Of course, restaurants that lie outside of the zone feel slighted/left out, and stage their own specials.
- Bistrot La Minette, 623 S. Sixth St.: Three-course weeknight dinners all January for $30 (or $42 with two glasses of wine).
- Jake's, 4365 Main St. in Manayunk: $35 dinners (entree black cod or Asian surf-and-turf) plus free parking..
- Meme, 2201 Spruce St.: All January, three-course dinners for $35 daily except for Saturdays.
- Pod, 3636 Sansom St.: This isn't intended as a RW special, but it's a good one nonetheless: Through this Thursday (1/21), it's offering all-you-can eat sushi from 9 to 11 pm. for $25.
- Snackbar, 20th and Rittenhouse: From Jan. 24-29, there's a three-course dinner for $30, and it includes the entire menu.
I see that one RW participant that is offering even more: Gigi (319 Market St.) has four-course dinners for the same $35 and is extending the deal into Saturday nights. And, it's giving $5 lunch and $10 dinner gift certificates good on future dinners.