The Center City District gathers 100-plus restaurants twice a year for Center City District Restaurant Week, this year running through Friday and again from Jan. 24 to 29.
Deal includes $35 for a three-course dinner or $20 for a three-course lunch, and are intended to represent a value over the regular price.
Of course, restaurants that lie outside of the zone feel slighted/left out, and stage their own specials.
- Bistrot La Minette, 623 S. Sixth St.: Three-course weeknight dinners all January for $30 (or $42 with two glasses of wine).
- Jake's, 4365 Main St. in Manayunk: $35 dinners (entree black cod or Asian surf-and-turf) plus free parking..
- Meme, 2201 Spruce St.: All January, three-course dinners for $35 daily except for Saturdays.
- Pod, 3636 Sansom St.: This isn't intended as a RW special, but it's a good one nonetheless: Through this Thursday (1/21), it's offering all-you-can eat sushi from 9 to 11 pm. for $25.
- Snackbar, 20th and Rittenhouse: From Jan. 24-29, there's a three-course dinner for $30, and it includes the entire menu.
I see that one RW participant that is offering even more: Gigi (319 Market St.) has four-course dinners for the same $35 and is extending the deal into Saturday nights. And, it's giving $5 lunch and $10 dinner gift certificates good on future dinners.
Noble, 2025 Sansom St., also offers four courses for $35 at dinner.
And Michael Schulson at Sampan is giving away one sake bomb for every two you drink.
And then there are restaurants that choose not to participate in RW, like Alfa at 1709 Walnut St., which on its website writes: "For all of you kind city folk that avoid Restaurant Week like it was an outbreak of Dengue Fever in a Chuckie Cheese, we just wanted to let you know Alfa can be your SAFE ZONE." Alfa sympathizes with harried waitstaff around town and is offering a craft-beer special for people in the industry: Between 11 p.m. and 1 a.m. through Jan. 30, glasses of a special craft beer will be offered for $3; beer of the night is being announced on Twitter (@alfarestaurant).
Know of any other off-the-record deals? E-mail email@example.com.