Chef Alex Boonphaya, who owns two Circles Thai restaurants, has been working out of his newer Northern Liberties location of late. Bigger kitchen.
He's just rolled out an a la carte menu of street foods of his native Thailand, in addition to Circles' menu. I'm told that the South Philly location will get the dishes soon.
Here’s the lineup:
- Barbecued Marinated Pork Neck with Sticky Rice - $8
- Grilled Pork Skewers with Sticky Rice and a Spicy Chili Jam Relish - $7
- Sauteed Shrimp with Herbs Wrapped in Rice Noodles with Sweet Soy Glaze - $8
- Mussel Pancakes with Chives, Bean Sprouts and Carrots with a Sweet Tamarind Sauce - $8
- Spicy Curry Fish Cakes with a Sweet and Spicy Cucumber Relish - $8
- Fried Chicken with Sweet Chili Reduction - $9
- Congee with Fried Salted Duck Eggs, Ginger, Charred Ramps and Duck Confit - $9
- Fried Catfish Salad with Mango and Hot Chilies - $8
- Pad Kaprow with Minced Pork, Snake Beans, Holy Basil over Rice with a Fried Egg - $9
- Coconut Ice Cream over Sweet Sticky Rice and Brioche with Peanuts and Evaporated Milk – $7
Circles, 812 N. Second St., 267-687-1309.