I wrote about three closings yesterday. Now for word of six openings over the next week. (Remember now, we're in a recession.)
- Friday 5/1 is Ken Shin Asian Diner at Third and Spring Garden.
- **Saturday 5/2 is the scheduled soft opening of Darling's, the diner from the Darling's Cafe brothers, in the "egg" building on Second Street south of Girard in the Piazza at Schmidts in Northern Liberties.
- Monday 5/4 marks the return of Broad Axe Tavern at Skippack and Butler Pikes in Ambler/Blue Bell/whatever it is they call that part of Montco. I'll have more info next Thursday in my "Table Talk" column.
- Monday 5/4 also marks the debut of Noble American Cookery at 2025 Sansom St.
- Wednesday 5/6 is the scheduled opening of Bibou, the South Philly French BYO from the former chef at Le Bec-Fin.
- "Midweek" -- that's Wednesday 5/6 or Thursday 5/7 -- for the completely renovated Zesty's in Manayunk, which has reconfigured its menu to include more Italian small plates. I haven't stopped in to see what owner Tom Konidaris says is a black ceiling studded with LEDs.
** Darling's soft opening has been pushed back to May 11.