Restaurant notes: The Dandelion was smokin'

We know The Dandelion is the hottest restaurant around, but ...

A smoldering ember in a downstairs fireplace created a smoky situation in the pub at 18th and Sansom Streets, owner Stephen Starr said.

Though most of the smoke went up the chimney, there was enough to warrant a call to the Fire Department. Personnel ripped out some of the joist beside the fireplace.

Starr, crediting firefighters with doing a great job, said The Dandelion would reopen tonight for dinner.

Continue Reading