Burger chain Five Guys is adding a second Center City location: 1109 Walnut St., near Jefferson Hospital. Opening is on tap for April. The location was last Matthew Izzo's boutique and is four doors from a Wendy's.
Chops in the former Oceanaire at Seventh and Walnut Streets has opened so softly.
Jose Garces' Chifa (707 Chestnut St.) got a bit of a sprucing-up: a canopy of sorts with drapes that section off the tables in the front.
And lookee here, re: Old City. As a celebrity-owner haunt?
- Rob McElhenney and Kaitlin ("Sweet Dee") Olson from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia are going into the bar business with Mac's Tavern, 226 Market St. So is Andrea Roth of Rescue Me.
- Stephenie LaGrossa of Survivor (engaged to Phillies pitcher Kyle Kendrick) is a partner in Gigi's, 319 Market St.
- Glen Naessens from Real World 2 is at Eulogy, 136 Chestnut St., and Beneluxx, 33 S. Third St.
- Jose Garces from The Next Iron Chef owns Amada, 217 Chestnut St. -- and for now, at least, has his corporate offices nearby on Strawberry Street.
- Stephen Starr, who turned up as a Top Chef guest judge, has the Continental at Second and Market and his corporate offices next door.
- Danny Bonaduce of 94WYSP lives behind the Khyber in a condo.