Last week's quiz, in which readers were asked to match restaurant corporate names to their trade names, was no challenge to six readers.
In last week's quiz, I asked readers to match restaurant corporate names to their trade names -- an exercise in nerdiness if there ever was one. It was no challenge to five readers.
First with the correct responses was Dallyn Pavey of Radnor. She's in public relations, but does not rep any of the restaurants in the quiz. She'll receive a copy of The Complete Robuchon (Knopf, 2008).
Fine cookbooks are on their way as consolation prizes to five other readers who nailed it:
Richard Smolen of Philadelphia | Simply Delicioso by Ingrid Hoffmann (Clarkson Potter, 2009)
Howard Maniloff of Philadelphia | Wings: More Than 50 High-Flying Recipes for America's Favorite Snack by Debbie Moose (Wiley, 2009)
Sarah Puleo of Southampton, NJ | Great Party Dips by Peggy Fallon (Wiley, 2009)
Jay Carlson of Collingswood, NJ | Mario Tailgates NASCAR Style by Mario Batali (NASCAR, 2006)
Lee Herman of Philadelphia | The New Whole Grains Cookbook by Robin Asbell (Chronicle, 2007)
1. 114 S. 12th Inc. - Les Bons Temps
2. 1623 Restaurant Limited Partnership, L.P. - Alma de Cuba
3. Mahan Inc. - Mexican Post in Old City
4. Irish Table Inc. - The Plough & the Stars
5. Argentina Grill LLC - Noche
6. Kosher Dairy Restaurant LLC - Drinker's Pub
7. Square Burrito LLC - El Fuego in Rittenhouse
8. La Casa Culinary LLC - Amada
9. Costar Partners LP - Buddakan
10. La Cuidad LLC - Distrito
11. Thursday Enterprises LLC - Cuba Libre in Old City
12. Fishmouth Inc. - The Khyber
13. Sansom 18 - Mantra
14. Alaska Café LLC - Tria in Rittenhouse
15. ESF Ventures - Susanna Foo’s Gourmet Kitchen