Comcast and its NBC brand will be amply represented at the new Xfinity Live! sports/entertainment complex on the former site of the Spectrum in South Philadelphia.
So will local restaurants, including Victory Brewing Co., Original Philadelphia Cheesesteak Co., Chickie’s & Pete’s, and Nick’s Roast Beef.
The project, whose working name was Philly Live, has the backing of the hometown cable giant.
Cordish Cos., the developer, and Comcast-Spectacor, the operator, view the project as a "fourth stadium experience," complementing neighbors Wells Fargo Center, Citizens Bank Park, and Lincoln Financial Field.
Announced moments ago:
- An Xfinity On Demand Theater, an outdoor viewing experience that will feature everything from sports games to family movies.
- The NBC Sports Arena, featuring an indoor 32-foot diagonal, 6 mm, million-dollar Sony LED screen
- The NBC Sports Field, which will play host to numerous outdoor activities and sports leagues
- NBC Sports Fantasy Board with stats
- NBC Sports Game Experience, in the Broad Street Bullies Pub, featuring video games
- A 100-foot LED Comcast SportsNet Ticker inside a venue called the Philly MarketPlace, a gathering place with food vendors including the Original Philadelphia Cheesesteak Co., Chickie’s & Pete’s, and Nick’s Roast Beef; more will be announced.
Other dining options:
- Spectrum Grille, an upscale restaurant
- Broad Street Bullies Pub
- PBR Bar & Grill, a country-western themer based on Professional Bull Riders; Tex-Mex cuisine served during the day and a country & southern rock party at night (featuring a mechanical bull)
- Victory Beer Hall, featuring beer hall-style tables, a stage for live indoor entertainment, and a 2,000 square-foot patio complete with a fire pit and a unique panoramic view of the Philadelphia skyline.
- And free parking on nonevent nights!
Grand opening: April 5.
Stay tuned for more...