Reservation service OpenTable polled customers on their service experience.
Among 15,000 restaurants in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, Vetri - Marc Vetri's posh, shoebox-size Italian flagship in a Spruce Street brownstone - came in at No. 5.
The top 10 reads like this:
1. Kai – Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort – Chandler, Ariz.
2. The French Laundry – Yountville, Calif.
3. NAOE – Miami, Fla.
4. ON20 – Hartford, Conn.
5. Vetri – Philadelphia
6. Saison – San Francisco, Calif.
7. The Kitchen Restaurant – Sacramento, Calif.
8. Addison at The Grand Del Mar – San Diego, Calif.
9. The Painted Lady – Newberg, Ore.
10. Palace Arms at the Brown Palace – Denver, Colo.
Bibou - Pierre and Charlotte Calmels' French BYO in the Italian Market - also made the top 100 list.
Article is here.
OT's methodology: The Diners’ Choice Awards for the Top 100 Restaurants with the Best Service in the U.S. are generated from more than 5 million reviews collected from verified OpenTable diners between February 1, 2012 and January 31, 2013. All restaurants with a minimum “overall” score and number of qualifying reviews were included for consideration. Qualifying restaurants were then scored and sorted according to the highest average rating in the service category.