Temple's campus is creeping ever farther west and east of Broad Street, and the rowhouses in the nearby blocks are teeming with students.
What was for many years a decrepit, stucco-faced warehouse on Carlisle Street just south of Oxford, basically around the corner from the Pearl movie theater, has been turned into Masters.
Masters (1535 N. Carlisle St., 215-787-9933), in development for more than a year, opens July 11. It becomes effectively only the fourth Temple bar (after Draught Horse Pub, Pub Webb, and Maxi's).
The first floor is pure college bar: 20 seats at the bar, plus table seating, in a vaguely industrial-looking room with multiple TVs and a cherry red bar wall.