Get set for Hot Diggity 2: Electric Boogaloo!
Keith Garabedian of Hot Diggity on South Street is launching the cart this Saturday, May 4 at the South Street Headhouse District Spring Fest.
He says the cart - with Hawk Krall graphics - will start by doing some special events, farmers markets, and night markets, and transition in the next month or so to be a full-time hot dog destination.
Dogs will be priced about $4 with all the fixins. Sodas and chips will be $2.
He says he'll bring back some of the favorite special dogs from Hot Diggity such as the Detroit Coney, featuring a chili made with organic free-range beef hearts from Rineer Farms. They'll serve it with the Detroit classic Vernor's Ginger ale, as well. One of the dogs being featured will be inspired from one of its LuckyAnt Donations - the "Baja Jake" Dog commemorating the birth of the donor's son.
The cart itself was acquired from Dan Semko of Renaissance Sausage. "It is great that we are able to continue the tradition of encased meat with the cart, and like Renaissance Sausage, HD2 will be participating in the Food Trusts Headhouse Farmers Market," Garabedian said.
Instead of fries, they'll offer house-made potato chips in a variety of flavors - for instance, lime juice mixed with Tapioca Maltodextrin to create a bright and fresh lime powder.
Menu for the launch at the South Street Headhouse District Spring Fest:
* Detroit Coney - Coney Chili made with Organic Free Range Beef Hearts from Rineer Farms, Mustard, Onions
* Southern Mustard Slaw Dog - Our Sabrett all beef Natural Casing Dog Topped with a Tangy Mustard Slaw
* Baja Jake - Jicama Salsa, Tomatillo Avocado Relish, Queso Fresco, Tortilla Strips
* Kimchi Dog - House Made Kimchi & Mango Salsa, Gochujang Mayo, Frizzled Rice Noodles
* Plain Dog - Choice of Mustards, Ketchup, Relish, Onions, and Sauerkraut
* Buffalo Chips - Hot Sauce, Butter, Blue Cheese, Celery
* Lime Cilantro Jalapeno Chips
* Sweet & Spicy Ginger Chips
Track the cart at www.facebook.com/thehotdiggity and via Twitter @HD2Boogaloo.