Jose Garces' empire will reach a new city next year as Philly's Iron Chef opens an Argentinean steak house inside the Loews Madison Hotel in downtown Washington, D.C., which just underwent a multimillion-dollar renovation. The new restaurant replaces The Federalist at the hotel.
His reps did not provide the new joint's name.
Besides 14 restaurants in Philadelphia, Atlantic City, Palm Springs, Scottsdale, and Chicago, and his Bucks County farm, Garces is working on:
- Three menu items served during Eagles games this season at Lincoln Financial Field.
- A Cuban diner at 707 Chestnut St., replacing Chifa.
- An atelier called Volver, at the Kimmel Center.
- Distrito at Moorestown Mall in 2014.
- Work with his Garces Family Foundation.
Restaurateur Stephen Starr is riding high in D.C. - about 7 blocks from Garces' project - with Le Diplomate, a Parc-like bistro.