Frankenfood - the Spike TV series costarring Philly's Tony Luke Jr. and chef Josh Capon - premieres Sunday, June 22.
So what's a "Frankenfood"? It's a merging of usual and unusual and unexpected ingredients to create something delicious. Sort of like peanut butter and chocolate, where the sum is even tastier than the individual parts.
To talk up the show, Spike has partnered with Roaming Hunger to launch “Frankenfood” food trucks, which will hit the streets this week to give out samples at lunchtime.
On the menu are
• Bacon-wrapped hot dog eclairs
• Fruity Pebbles fried chicken
• Pulled pork-stuffed caramel-coated jalapenos
• Espresso-crusted chicken tacos
• Slim Jim macaroni and cheese balls
• Spam sushi
• Braised pork belly s’mores with Guinness chocolate sauce.
Luke will on board for the stop Monday, June 16 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at 33d and Arch Streets
Tuesday, June 17: 10:30 a.m. to 3pm at 38th and Market Streets
Wednesday, June 18: 11 a.m. to 2pm at 30th Street Station's Porch
Thursday, June 19: 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Love Park
Friday, June 20: 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at 34th and Walnut Streets