What was Denim Lounge on the second floor of 1712 Walnut St. will open Friday (10/15) as Whisper, a private club open Thursdays through Saturdays.
And though the website says nothing yet, I can say it will have six bars and three lounges offering bottle service amid an atmosphere of dramatic lighting, mirrors and sound. General manager is Denim alumnus Chris Nork
- Deep eggplant walls with antique mirrors and tufted sofas
- 400-square-foot dance floor, above which is a tiered series of three platforms including the DJ booth, stage area accommodating live performances and VIP bottle service and a glass floor dance booth
- 150-inch clear holographic rigid HD projection screen surrounded by a Victorian brass frame reflecting a custom-built modern-aluminum chandelier that hangs above 65 feet of etched concrete front bar
- $250,000 lighting system anchored by iconic “W” shaped polished aluminum box truss, and surrounded by krypton lights, strobe lighting, lasers, and high-resolution LED tiles
- 50-seat VIP area, covered with reflective latex imported from France, allowing guests to catch a glimpse of themselves and other patrons.
- Private lounge called “Shhh.”
- Entire building lined in material to create a noise barrier.
- Security team of at least 20 people with 35 surveillance cameras throughout the interior and exterior of the property.
- No sneakers, work-boots, hats, T-shirts, and athletic gear allowed.