Good news for beer heads in the Plymouth Meeting area:
The Whole Foods store opening Tuesday (1/12) at Plymouth Meeting Mall (500 W. Germantown Pike) will have rooftop cafe and 28-seat sit-down pub with a fairly ambitious beer and wine program -- at least by Pennsylvania supermarket standards.
WF will sell beers by the glass as well as in 32-ounce and 64-ounce growlers for take-home.
Wines will be sold by the bottle only for consumption in the pub; wines also will be sold by one-, three-, and six-ounce glass. Figure on $1 to $4 for a one-ounce taste, $2.50 to $9 for a three-ounce pour; and $5 to $18 for a six-ounce glass.
Beer list and prices by glass, quart and half-gallon (empty glass growlers will be sold, too):
- Sly Fox 133 IPA $2.99, $5.49, $10.99
- Yuengling Lager $1.99, $2.99, $5.99
- Troegs Rugged Trail Brown Ale: $2.99, $3.99, $7.99
- Victory St. Victorious $2.99, $5.49, $10.99
- Flying Fish Abbey Dubbel $ 2.99, $4.49, $8.99
- Yards ESA $2.99, $3.99, $7.99