Is this the busiest December you can remember for restaurant openings, or what?
Grab your calendars, and follow along on these opening nights:
- Avenida (7402 Germantown Ave., Mount Airy): The Latin from Edgar and Kim Katz Alvarez is looking at 12/17 without its liquor license, which is pending pending pending. See here.
- Sampan (124 S. 13th St., Washington Square West): The pan-Asian from Michael Schulson is saying 12/18. See here.
- Zama (128 S. 19th St., Rittenhouse Square): The Japanese from Hiroyuki “Zama” Tanaka is firm on 12/19. See here.
- Zavino (112 S. 13th St., Washington Square West): The wine bar-pizzeria from Steve Gonzalez is now looking at 12/30.
No firm date yet for agiato in Manayunk, whose opening is supposed to be this month.
Floret, the reconfiguration of the Pond/Passerelle space in Radnor, is gunning for mid-January. (Speaking of which: Former Pond chef Abde Dahrouch will start as chef at Wilmington's Domaine Hudson in January.)
The following opened in the last 10 days:
- Saffron Indian Kitchen at 60 E. Butler Ave. in Ambler, a new location for Rahul Bhatia's Bala Cynwyd BYOB.
- Pho and Beyond, a Vietnamese cafe at 47 Easton Rd. in Willow Grove, next to Weinrich's Bakery.