After a week of tests, Alex Plotkin has opened the Washington Square branch of his Chops steakhouse.
Price point is lower than the original Chops in Bala Cynwyd, and he's offering 60 wines under $60 (from a 2,000-bottle collection) as well as comp valet parking.
The building, formerly housing Oceanaire, got a makeover, including new art and -- you'll notice -- a hardwood floor to replace the carpet throughout. The raw bar is also gone, in favor of an expanded bar with lower-priced bar menu (including Maine lobster taco and a 10-ounce Wagyu Kobe burger with cheddar, lettuce, tomato, onion, Russian dressing, and fries for $15). He's also promising a full sushi selection.
Here's the dinner menu. It's open for dinner nightly, plus weekday lunch.
On Feb. 22, a 10-ounce kobe burger for $6 starts at lunchtime.
Lunch includes sandwiches, salads, plus such dishes as:
- filet mignon stir fry with white rice
- Cajun meatloaf with mashed potatoes
- salmon paillard with sautée spinach basil oil
- steak frites (a 7-ounce ribeye with truffle fries)
- rigatoni with sweet sausage
- angel hair with grilled chicken, mushrooms, herbs
My earlier coverage is here.