Tuesday, September 23, 2014
Inquirer Daily News

Hopkins says he's ready to fight

In his continuing battle with time, Bernard Hopkins sent a strong message on Wednesday night.

Hopkins says he's ready to fight

In his continuing battle with time, Bernard Hopkins sent a strong message on Wednesday night.

"I'm ready to fight," tweeted Hopkins, who turns 48 in January.

Hopkins lost his light-heavyweight world title in April when he fell by unanimous decision to Chad Dawson at Boardwalk Hall. Earlier this month, Hopkins tweeted that he'll fight by January at the latest. His Twitter bio says he plans to fight until he's 50 years old.

Before losing to Dawson, Hopkins hadn't lost a fight since 2008. He scored a unanimous decision over Jean Pascal in May of 2011 to become the oldest fighter to win a major title in history.

About this blog

SportsInq catches a variety of events that make Philadelphia a national sports destination.

After all, only here can you find the Penn Relays, the Dad Vail Regatta, Tiger Woods’ PGA golf tournament, and so many other Philly-unique happenings on the field (or in the water, on the track … you get the idea).

Our writers cover more than the Eagles, Phillies, Flyers and Sixers, and here is where you’ll see the proof.

Reach Sports at jquinn@phillynews.com.

Sports Inq
Latest Videos:
Also on Philly.com:
Stay Connected