Five things you need to know about the 76ers today:
1. Today is the anniversary of one of Moses Malone’s crazy double-doubles. The former Sixers center finished with 25 points and 24 rebounds in a loss to the Atlanta Hawks on Nov. 30, 1982.
2. The Sixers are among four NBA teams to make at least 14 three-point shots in five or more games this season. They hit 14 of 34 threes in Monday’s loss at the Toronto Raptors.
3. Robert Covington bounced back from a bad game in a big way. His six three-pointers against the Raptors are the most by a Sixer this season and one behind his career high of seven.
4. Nerlens Noel could be close to returning to the court. The center started practicing with the Delaware 87ers on Wednesday to evaluate his recovery.
5. For Nik Stauskas, Wednesday’s game against the Sacramento Kings is all about facing the team that gave up on him after one season. Kings owner Vivek Ranadive even reportedly told the media he didn’t want to draft the shooting guard in 2014.