Five things to know about the Flyers (31-29-8) as they host the Penguins (43-16-9) on Wednesday night.
1. Pittsburgh superstar Sidney Crosby (35 goals) has one more goal than the combined total of the Flyers’ four centers: Claude Giroux (13), Valtteri Filppula (8, one with the Flyers), Sean Couturier (10), and Pierre-Edouard Bellemare (3).
2. The Penguins are 16-12-6 on the road, while the Flyers are 19-11-4 at home.
3. Pittsburgh has won a multitude of games with dominating third periods. The Pens have outscored opponents, 89-58, in the third.
4. Both teams have struggled on the penalty kill. The Flyers are ranked 23rd (killing 79.5 percent), and the Penguins are 20th (killing 80.3 percent).
5. Jake Voracek and Crosby each have three goals in the season series, which Pittsburgh leads, two games to none. The Penguins registered 5-4 and 4-2 victories, including the latter one before 67,318 fans at Heinz Field on Feb. 25.