Five things to know today about the Flyers (32-30-8), who will host Carolina (29-27-12) on Sunday night:
- Facing a 3-2 deficit in New Jersey, the Flyers looked like they quit on Dave Hakstol in the third period of a must-win game. They had no pushback, and it took nearly 12 minutes before they managed a third-period shot in a 6-2 loss.
- The Flyers, who are six points out of a playoff spot with 12 games left, are 8-5-2 in the second half of back-to-back games this season.
- The Flyers’ power play against the Devils in three games (all losses) this season: 0 for 11. The Devils’ power play against the Flyers this season: 5 for 16.
- Winger Jordan Weal did not appear to be 100 percent healthy and played just 9:49 Thursday.
- The Flyers have 72 points in 70 games. At a corresponding point last season, they had 80 points.