Five things to know about the Flyers (11-10-3) today:
1. It looks as if the Nick Cousins second-line center experiment is over after four games. Brayden Schenn centered Travis Konecny and Wayne Simmonds in Wednesday's practice.
2. Cousins had one assist and a minus-1 rating and won just 24.5 percent of his faceoffs (13 of 53) in those four games.
3. Veteran winger Bobby Ryan, the pride of Cherry Hill, reinjured his right hand Tuesday and is out indefinitely. He will not play for Ottawa (14-8-1) when it hosts the Flyers on Thursday. Ryan has just three goals.
4. The Bruins had 47 shots in their 3-2 shootout loss to the Flyers on Tuesday. It was the most they have had against the Flyers since Feb. 9, 1974 -- 48 shots in a Boston's 5-3 home win -- according to the Elias Sports Bureau.
5. Flyers coach Dave Hakstol hates the Ric Flair-like wooooo chants that have become common at the Wells Fargo Center lately. "I hope," he said, "it's a short-lived fad." Amen.