Five things to know about the Flyers (10-10-3) as they host the Boston Bruins (12-10) on Tuesday night:
1. The Bruins will be without the injured Zdeno Chara, a 6-9, 250-pound defenseman who has six points and a plus-12 rating. Chara, 39, may have lost a few steps, but "he moves the puck well and has a big stick," Flyers captain Claude Giroux said. "I think he's kind of their quarterback back there, but they have a lot of young D that can play some pretty good hockey. We can't underestimate their defense with Chara out."
2. Giroux will try to snap a nine-game goal-less streak. He has just four goals overall and is minus-8. "I have to play better," Giroux said.
3. The annoying "Wooooooo" chants that echoed around the Wells Fargo Center in the last game - from fans and from a recording on the arena's speakers - figure to be back in full force. They originated, I'm told, from wrestler Ric Flair back in the day. Booooooooooooo!
4. Steve Mason will make his seventh start in the last eight games. In his career against the Bruins, Mason is 5-2-3 with a 2.30 GAA and .930 save percentage.
5. Tuukka Rask, Boston's starting goalie tonight, has been sensational in his 16 appearances: a 12-4 record, a 1.63 GAA, and a .940 save percentage. In his career against the Flyers, he has also been superb: 10-2-2, 2.14, .927.