ESPN released the nominees for their annual ESPY awards, and you can vote for two Eagles players. LeSean McCoy was nominated for "Best NFL Player," while Nick Foles was nominated for "Best Breakthrough Athlete."
In 2013, McCoy led the NFL in rushing yardage (1,607 yards), and yards from scrimmage (2,146 yards), which were both Eagles team records. His competition in the category is comprosed of the following players (in alphabetical order):
• Jamaal Charles, Chiefs: 1980 yards from scrimmage, 19 TD.
• Luke Kuechley, Panthers: AP Defensive Player of the Year.
• Peyton Manning, Broncos: 2013 NFL MVP.
• Russell Wilson, Seahawks: Super Bowl winning QB.
All Nick Foles did in his second season was throw for 27 TDs (29 if you count the playoffs) and 2 INTs, while leading the NFL with a QB Rating of 119.2, which was third best all-time. Foles also has stiff competition in his category:
• Damian Lillard, Portland Trailblazers: 20.7 ppg, 5.6 apg, NBA All-Star.
• Richard Sherman, Seahawks: Led NFL with 8 INTs, talks a lot.
• Masahiro Tanaka, Yankees: Currently 11-2, 2.11 ERA, 0.96 WHIP.
The ESPYS will air July 16th, and will be hosted by Drake.
Follow Jimmy on Twitter: @JimmyKempski