While the Pro Bowl is the worst of the professional all star games, it's always fun to project which players should make it. So far in the fan voting process, LeSean McCoy has the 9th most votes in the NFL. Here are the Top 10:
1. Peyton Manning, Broncos: 654,309
2. Drew Brees, Saints: 540,036
3. Jamaal Charles, Chiefs: 453,761
4. Calvin Johnson, Lions: 449,346
5. Marshawn Lynch, Seahawks: 443,533
6. Adrian Peterson, Vikings: 410,002
7. Jimmy Graham, Saints: 376,637
8. A.J. Green, Bengals: 368,708
9. LeSean McCoy, Eagles: 349,706
10. Dez Bryant, Cowboys: 345,850
The NFL also listed the top 2 vote getters at every position, none of which are Eagles. Chiefs fans seem to be doing the best job of stuffing the ballot boxes, as they have 7 players among the 38 players in the top 2 at their position.
In addition to McCoy, the Eagles have several players who are worthy of Pro Bowl consideration:
• DeSean Jackson, WR: 3rd in the NFL with 985 receiving yards.
• Evan Mathis, OG: The best player in the history of the NFL, according to ProFootballFocus.
• Donnie Jones, P: The actual best player in the history of the NFL.
• Nick Foles, QB: If he keeps putting up the kind of numbers he has put up so far, he's a no-brainer, even with a shorter season than the rest of the NFL's QBs.
• Fletcher Cox, DE: He'll never make it, because he doesn't have eye-popping statistics, but he is playing at a Pro Bowl level. Ditto that for Cedric Thornton.
• Brandon Boykin, STs: He may be the best gunner in the NFL.