If the All-Star votes weren't a giveaway -- as we noted in today's Daily News -- the rankings of the most popular jerseys in the NBA should help make the point: Allen Iverson still remains very popular.
Iverson's 76ers jersey was ranked 14th in sales since the start of the season at the NBA Store in New York City and its Web site. The ranking is interesting, in part, because the store likely was selling Iverson's Memphis jersey at the start of the season and then he was out of the game for a bit.
Iverson's Pistons jersey was No. 5 in sales for the 2008-09 season, and his Sixers jsersey was sixth when he was traded.
The Los Angeles Lakers’ Kobe Bryant has retained the top spot, which he held since the start of the 2008-09 season.
The Cleveland Cavaliers’ LeBron James maintains the No. 2 spot, while the Orlando Magic’s Dwight Howard and the Chicago Bulls’ Derrick Rose appear in the Top 5 for the first time. Howard makes a dramatic jump, moving from No. 10 to No. 3 on this year’s list. Rose’s popularity continues to grow and moves into the No.4 spot from No. 11 last season. The Miami Heat’s Dwyane Wade rounds out the Top 5.
TOP 15 PLAYERS
1. Kobe Bryant – Los Angeles Lakers
2. LeBron James – Cleveland Cavaliers
3. Dwight Howard- Orlando Magic
4. Derrick Rose – Chicago Bulls
5. Dwyane Wade – Miami Heat
6. Kevin Garnett – Boston Celtics
7. Chris Paul – New Orleans Hornets
8. Paul Pierce – Boston Celtics
9. Shaquille O’Neal – Cleveland Cavaliers
10. Pau Gasol – Los Angeles Lakers
11. Carmelo Anthony – Denver Nuggets
12. Steve Nash – Phoenix Suns
13. David Lee – New York Knicks
14. Allen Iverson – Philadelphia 76ers
15. Kevin Durant -- Oklahoma City Thunder
TOP 10 TEAMS
1. Los Angeles Lakers
2. Boston Celtics
3. Cleveland Cavaliers
4. New York Knicks
5. Chicago Bulls
6. Orlando Magic
7. Denver Nuggets
8. Miami Heat
9. San Antonio Spurs
10. Phoenix Suns