Six slain in Philadelphia since Thursday night

Police are investigating six slayings in Philadelphia since Thursday night.

The first homicide occurred in the 1000 block of N. 68th Street in Overbrook about 11:52 p.m. Thursday when police were called to the area for a report of an auto accident involving a pedestrian. They found the body of Michaul Armstead, 23, from the 2500 block of Cleveland Street, under a Dodge Caravan. He had multiple gunshots to the head. Gunfire had been reported in the area about 55 minutes prior to the call to police from the driver who thought he ran over a trash bag as he pulled into his driveway.

On Saturday at 6:44 p.m., police found Robert Gore, 39, of the 100 block of W. Thelma Street, lying in the 3200 block of 'G' Street in Kensington suffering from a stab wound to the chest. He was taken by police to Temple University Hospital where he died about 20 minutes later.

At 9:06 p.m., police heard gunfire while on patrol in the area of 7400 Stenton Ave. in East Mount Airy and found Haneef Brown, 32, from Lowber Avenue, lying in the street with multiple gunshot wounds. Police rushed him to Einstein Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead. A suspect may have fled the area in a small white car.

On Sunday, Marcus Johnson, 24, of the 900 block of W. Dauphin Street, died of multiple gunshot wounds at Temple Hospital at 1:41 a.m. where he had been taken by private car. He had been shout about 40 minutes earlier during a disturance outside the J&S Seafood Bar and Hookah Lounge in the 2400 block of Germantown Ave. in North Philadelphia.

Also on Sunday, at 8:04 p.m. Jonathan Ashley, 28, of the 1700 block of N. Marshall Street, died at Temple Hospital where he has been taken by police. About a half hour earlier, officers responded to the 1900 block of Roberts Avenue in Nicetown for a report of a man with gunshot wounds to his chest. 

About 3:18 a.m. Monday, police were called to the 1300 block of Ruscomb Street in Logan and found an unidentified 57-year-old man with a gunshot wound to the back of the head lying on the street. He was pronounced dead a few minutes later.