Police have identified eight men who have been shot and killed in Philadelphia since the start of the new year.
The killings happened across the city between Jan. 2 and this weekend, including three deadly shootings on Saturday alone. Only one arrest has been announced.
• On Saturday, Arturo Quinones of Kensington was found suffering gunshots to his face and chest on the 4200 block of Macalester Street in Feltonville. He was pronounced dead at Temple University Hospital at 11:26 p.m. Investigators believe an argument led to the shooting.
• Also on Saturday, Michael Strong, 21, of Hunting Park, was shot 15 times on the 3700 block of North 13th Street in North Philadelphia. He was pronounced dead at Temple at 6:35 p.m. The motive for the shooting remains under investigation.
• And the third slaying Saturday, Angel Pacheco, 34, of Franklinville, N.J., died after he was shot six times on the 1000 block of West Clearfield Street. He was pronounced dead at Temple at 1:14 a.m. The motive remains unknown.
• Shawn Henderson, 27, was found Thursday in a vacant lot on the 2900 block of West Oakdale Street, a few blocks from his Strawberry Mansion home. He was suffering from a gunshot to his head and pronounced dead at the scene. No motive was known.
• On Wednesday evening, 29-year-old Shannon Abdul-Rahim was found in Carroll Park on the 5800 block of West Thompson Street, two blocks from his residence, suffering from a gunshot wound to his neck. He was taken to Penn-Presbyterian Medical Center, where he died Friday. An argument was believed to have sparked the killing.
• Darryl Curtis, 37, was found fatally shot in the head in a bedroom of his home on the 8000 block of Erdick Street in Holmesburg shortly after 10 p.m. on Jan. 3. Investigators are still searching for a motive.
• On Jan. 2, 23-year-old Darren Morris, of the city's Tioga section, died after getting into an altercation with another man on the 2800 block of North Park Avenue in North Philadelphia. Morris was shot in his neck and torso and was pronounced dead at Temple at 8:54 a.m.
• On New Year's Day, police found 41-year-old Mark Fields with a gunshot wound to the neck around 3 a.m. on a porch on the 1900 block of West Williard Street in Tioga. He was pronounced dead at the scene at 3:03 a.m. Police later arrested and charged 36-year-old Cauras Garland, of the 5300 block of North Camac Street.