A 5-year-old Pennsylvania boy has died from bacterial meningitis.
The Harrisburg boy died on Dec. 28 and the Dauphin County Coroner's Office determined this week that the death was from meningitis, Coroner Graham Hetrick told PennLive.com.
He told the news outlet that the boy died from a strain that is considered less contagious and can be treated with antibiotics.
Authorities didn't release the boy's name, or say whether he attended school or daycare.
Meningitis symptoms include headaches, neck stiffness, fever, nausea and vomiting; the disease can often be misdiagnosed as the flu.